The Internet is flooded with online casinos. They are so popular that you can easily lay bets from the convenience and comfort of your home even if your country has not legalized online gambling. All you need do is to log on to a sportsbook and lay your bet.
This convenience also helps if you love watching your favorite sport at home. Now, you can increase the excitement levels by learning to bet online. However, things aren’t as simple as that. There are certain tips and strategies that can help you bet at home confidently, successfully and lucratively. Here they are:
- Learn as much as possible on sports betting at home in order to win. You might bet only for fun, but even then, it’s important that you win.
- Learn to place useful bets. Don’t place bets at bogus sportsbooks, instead place bets on with trustworthy gaming sites.
- If you want to win, you need to have an aggressive edge to your nature, so factor that in to your playing style.
- Set aside a figure you want to bet on, even if only mentally. A limit that you will not exceed is important because this is the amount you can afford to lose without worrying about it. Don’t gamble away money that’s precious to you or earned with great difficulty in the hope of doubling or tripling it as this is very risky. Not having the proper money management system is the number one reason sports investors lose.
- Choose the kind of bet that can fetch you profits-after all, there are different kinds of lucrative bets for you to win. Whether it means you bet a money line,parlay,teaser or simply a game up against the spread.
- Don’t let your emotions affect your betting style. Be disciplined enough to know when to stop, particularly if you’ve been on a losing streak. Many sports investors will go on tilt, which results in chasing good money after bad. This results in poor money management.
- Be sure of the game. If you’re not, don’t fall for those traps in which you are lured into depositing money or placing a bet. Many losing players place bets just for the sake of betting. They need the action and don’t care that there bets have no analytical data or reason behind them.
- Confirm that you’re 100 percent safe online. It is always much safer to play from the comfort of your home and online rather than leave a traditional casino with your pockets stuffed with cash. So, you needn’t worry about getting robbed in the street, particularly if you’re going to deposit your winnings online in your bank account which uses technology to keep your bank information safe and tamper-proof.
- When you use your credit card to pay out, do this in complete confidence. Don’t divulge your bank card information to your co-players or to anyone you’ve been chatting online because gambling sites are not responsible for such negligence on their players’ part.
- Don’t sacrifice the fun of sports betting for the art of sports betting. This means that you must also learn to enjoy the game as much as your physical surroundings. Don’t risk your health for winning games. Learn when to stop and to get on with your daily life. Remember, sports betting is only an aspect of your life, it’s not your whole life, even if you’re a professional bettor.
The biggest mistake for beginner players is playing too many hands and playing too passively. It is important to wait for decent hands and throw away the junk hands. The big pairs such as AA, KK and QQ are by far the most profitable starting hands in poker. It’s very important to play them in a way that maximizes your profit because these hands have a very high positive expectation and are rare. Just like other situations in poker where you have the best of it, you want to build up the pot quickly.
In most situations, when you have a big hand you want to build up the pot by taking the lead with betting and raising. However, there are some situations where you may want your opponent to be the aggressor and do the betting for you. You do this when your opponent is super aggressive and they bet and raise frequently with poor holdings. You should play it a bit different if you have a large stack nearing 100bb or more. This is because if you get it all-in on the river with a big stack, you will almost always be beaten by a two-pair hand or better. As the stack and pots get bigger, the better the hand you need to see a showdown. Often even strong hands like two-pairs and sets are no good when a lot of money goes in the pot on later streets. So if someone re-raises you on the turn or river with scary community cards, you may want to think about folding your high pair.
When you play a hand in poker it is important to plan the hand in advance. Why are you playing that hand and how are you going to play it? Too many players just play the hand because they like the look of it. They have succumbed to the “calling reflex” which is the idea that people have a tendency to want to call, even often without thinking about it beforehand. People don’t come down to the local casino or play online to just sit there and fold all day. Small pairs and suited connected cards can be very profitable in no-limit hold ‘em. Hitting sets and making flushes and straights have the potential to win big pots. They are often quite deceptive, especially straights like double gut shots, which are very hard to see and put people on sometimes.
Be smart, play smart, and learn how to play craps the right way!
Dice and dice games date back to the Crusades, but modern craps is only about 100 years old. Modern craps evolved from the ancient English game called Hazard. No one knows for sure the origin of the game, but Hazard is said to have been created by the Englishman, Sir William of Tyre, in the 12th century. It’s believed that Sir William’s knights played Hazard during a siege on the castle Hazarth in 1125 AD. The name Hazard was derived from the castle’s name.
Early French settlers brought the game Hazard to Canada (the colony of Acadia, which is Nova Scotia today). In the 1700s, when displaced by the British, the French moved south and found refuge in southern Louisiana where they eventually became Cajuns. When they left Acadia, they took their favorite game, Hazard, with them. The Cajuns simplified the game and made it more mathematically fair. It’s said that the Cajuns changed the name to craps, which was derived from the name of the losing throw of 2 in the game of Hazard, known as “crabs.”
From Louisiana, the game extended to the Mississippi riverboats and across the country. Many consider the dice maker John H. Winn as the father of modern craps. In 1907, Winn created the modern craps layout. He added the Don’t Pass line so players could bet on the dice to lose. Later, he created the boxes for Place bets and added the Big 6, Big 8, and Hardways.
Now you know! Become a knowledgeable player. Learn how to play craps the right way.